This is mine...not yours. Please share with care.

Monday, September 8, 2008

School time once again

I am pretty much in the full swing of school and work now, started my 3rd week of school today. I am pretty booked Monday thru Thursday. I work on MW from 8-1 and then go to school from 2-5. I have Financial Accounting and Microeconomics on those days. Then TTH I work from 8-11 and go to school from 11:10-3:30. Those days I have Business Math, Humanities--Humanistic Values in a Technological Society, and Anthropology--Peoples of the World. I also got a new calling this past week and am the IWA secretary (IWA is the Institute Women's Association). Flagstaff is the only institute in AZ to still keep this group alive. Its slowly dying away. It was a little scary getting a call from a Stake Presidency Counselor asking if I could meet with him about a calling. This organization is under YSA (Young Single Adult) and IRC (Institute Religion Council) so its a stake calling. I like all my classes and am liking being a math and accounting class again. I am so glad to have taken accounting in high school cause what we are studying in it now is review for me. I know that if I hadn't taken that class, it would be even more confusing than economics.

This will be a busy semester for me and luckily I have 3 day weekends...well besides teaching tennis to one elementary school on Friday to get a little more income and still keep my hand in tennis. I should look into teaching lessons at the Athletic Club, maybe beginner lessons. I'm going to a USTA (United States Tennis Association) coach/teacher training for this tennis I teach at the elementary school so maybe I can find out if I can get certified or something to be a tennis teacher.


I have also moved into a new apartment, the apartment is still in shambles a little and definitely looks like a college apartment. I haven't wanted to take pictures yet from being tagged from Mom but I guess I could now since most of my roommates are home and who cares what this place looks like. We're all in college, we basically just eat, sleep and do homework here. Once I'm done with this blog I'll do it. I should be doing homework now but I can do that tomorrow. Nothing is due tomorrow so I've got time. And since I've moved into a new place, I'm also in 2nd Ward now instead of 3rd Ward. I miss 3rd Ward terribly and I still visit them often. Like today, I went to their FHE and it was a blast. We had pancakes for dinner. So new changes that are different and I have to suck it up and keep on moving.


Went to Lake Powell for a Regional YSA trip and had lots of fun on the lake. I wanted to try wakeboarding but didn't get to the two times I was on a boat to try cause a storm was coming in. Before that I went tubing behind a boat. I battled my friend Alyce, there were 2 tubes tied to the back of a boat and we stayed on for like 10 mins while the pilot?, whoever steers a boat, was making big wakes to try to throw us off. When we first got on I was only on the tube for like 10 seconds. Then Alyce came off next. Then we switched the position we were on the tubes and he couldn't get us off. The lake is so fun, I definitely want to go more!

I dated a guy for about a month, he's a cowboy, ha, just like the last one and he has red hair too. Those red headed cowboys have a soft spot in my heart. I really started to like him but he wants to go to Westpointe, a prestigious military academy that last year only accepted 10% of its applicants and it demands so much of a student's time that they have to be single/not married for all 4 years they attend. So we are just friends as of last week. Another boy to get over. Story of my life but I'm still young so I can take it. I'm fully single again and can go back to my flirting ways and enjoy the single part of my life. Not much else news. I shouldn't make this blog a chapter like my other posts are. I'll put some pictures up to make up for not having pictures lately.

Melissa and I at the mall playing dress up

Melissa and I again

Sunset at home in Pomerene when home in July

Playing tennis and serving while at home

Playing on the courts I played on in high school

Some buds in Flag, we were downtown listening to a band play

John Dirlam and I, we ran about 2 miles to get downtown
instead of driving

Lone Rock Beach, Lake Powell

On the boat at Lake Powell

Girls I worked with during the summer in the financial aid file room

On a double date with Braun, the cowboy

We rode the ski lift/sky ride up to the top of the San Francisco Peaks

Braun, me, Becky, and Robert, also had a little picnic on the rocks on top of the mountain

No comments: