This is mine...not yours. Please share with care.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Music and movin on...

Right now I'm listening to my niece's blog's playlist to see what they like and it makes me chuckle. Yes, Emma, Abbey, and Caitlyn, I'm talking about you :D I hear a lot of the popular songs all day long at work on the radio and they drive me CRAZZZZZY! It was cool to be in the know at first, but they all sound the same after time. And some of them are plain dirty. A little shock to my country infused music. Yes, there are some dirty country songs, especially Garth Brooks, and there are some corny ones that talk about their dog, their ex-wife, a firecracker...but a lot of them are good. Like listen to "Tough", "Rain for the Roses" by Craig Morgan, "Your Man" by Josh Turner, "Letter To Me", "Come on Over Tonight" by Brad Paisley, "Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)" by Dixie Chicks, "Days Go By" by Keith Urban, "My Front Porch Lookin In" by Lonestar, "Little Man" by Alan Jackson and tons of others!

I don't really want to know what are in the Ke$ha and Lady GaGa songs. They're catchy but raunchy. And don't fit with my style of life.

Country. Genuine. Easy-going. That's what I'm about. And that's the life I want.

It's been fun reading up about agriculture, agronomy, hunger, and agroecology. I'm taking a little break from my researching stint, it's been going on for five months and I'm a little put off with all the opinions and arguments people have. I finished reading "The Pioneer Woman: Blacks Heels to Tractor Wheels" by Ree Drummond. It was good. Makes me want a cowboy even more. And I'm working my way through "The Dirty Life" by Kristin Kimball. It's a book about a city girl who falls for a farmer when she goes to interview him. I love it so far. So they're still books about farming and ranching but in story form and without all the politics and other jargon.

And I'm moving home in a week to start on my adventure of getting that farm one day!

Here's some photos of late: Jaime and I went on a photo shoot in the forest cause we don't have a lot of pictures of us as roommates.


















2 comments:

Nora said...

what's jamie? holding in the 11th picture?~abbey

manderson said...

Abbey, she's holding her keys. Jaime is weird. :D