This is mine...not yours. Please share with care.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Havasupai!!

I said I would put pictures up of Havasupai. I said we were going to camp on Friday night and then hike Saturday but the camping part didn't happen. I went with a friend I've known since I've moved up here, Chris, and his brothers and then two other lady friends he has. I had met them a couple times before and they were really nice. So his older brother lives in Prescott, AZ and he's the one that was going to be driving us but he couldn't come up to Flagstaff so we drove down to Prescott on Friday night. They were going to pull an all-nighter but luckily we did go to bed and slept for like 2 hours and then woke up and drove to Havasupai. We started hiking at 5:30 AM and it was a little chilly. It was 11 miles to the 3rd waterfall and then we had to hike all of that back. And the last waterfall we basically had to rock climb down to get to the pools at the bottom of the waterfall. It was pretty intense and a little scary at times. By the time we got back to our car after hiking uphill most of the way, it was 7:30 PM. We were dead and hurting, especially the feet. I was only sore for two days afterwards so it wasn't that bad. It was beautiful though but the water was pretty cold to swim in. The temperature was nice, not too hot, probably in the low 70s. Well, here's some pictures. I dropped my camera in the water so I wasn't able to get that many pictures with my camera.

This is the 3rd waterfall, the one we had to rock climb down the side of the hill.

Second waterfall

Nicole, Mikaela, and I...the 3 girls that went. This is in the morning at the beginning of our hike, that's why we're smiling, didn't know what we were getting ourselves into.

Climbing down the side of hill to get to bottom of 3rd waterfall. You can see my bum in the light blue shorts.

First waterfall, hidden from the trail.

That's 6AM and at the beginning of our hike, just lookin ahead to what we had to hike.

A pretty pic, I was in the back so our whole group is in front of me. Some people were coming the other way, probably 7 or 8 AM.

Pools at first waterfall.

Second waterfall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! I didnt know you were a rock climber... Arent you glad you were able to do that hike though, those falls are beautiful!