Pictures: (top) My first time sledding this winter, it was Feb. I think. I made that snowchair myself and it was quite comfortable. --The tree I climbed in Sedona on the hike. --At the Salt Lake, looks more like an ocean to me than a lake, except for the mountains in the background. --Holding some military rifle with the maniac gun guy I went to Nevada with. Shooting isn't really my thing and I tried to look serious in this picture.
So it's April now, glad time is flying by...I'm sure no one ever says that but it helps when things in life aren't exciting as you want them to be and you're going to school. I'll be done in a month and then it's summer time! YAY! I think in previous blogs I had talked about going to school closer to home next semester, like EAC or UofA, but none of those things worked out or else I would have to pay extra money. I'll take living in cool Flagstaff and going to school for free instead of forking out $3,000 from I don't know where to go to UofA next year. Despite nothing happening too much, I'm doing pretty good. My grades aren't too shabby, I'm very happy with them but I just hope I can keep them up for the last month of the semester. Next week I have exams in two of my hard classes and I don't like to study too much. I'm more of a crammer than a good studier.
Still not much happening in my love life but that's mostly my fault because I'm just not interested in anyone at the moment. One friend asked if I would like to date him but I only like him as a friend and want to keep our friendship. He'll probably not talk to me for some time so he can "get over" me like he had to last semester. Well, since I don't have a love life, which is fine for now, and not much to do, I go to the Recreation Center on campus a lot and work out. Might as well look good when I finally do meet that special someone. I've been going pretty regularly for a few months now and it feels good to be doing something that's good for my body. I gave blood back in February, I think it was, and when they were taking my pulse they asked if I was athletic or if I exercised often cause my pulse was really good. They say the same thing when I go to the doctor's office too which is really great to hear. But since I'm lifting weights and everything I'm not losing weight cause I'm gaining muscle so I might be a stocky little thing a few months from now.
Back in March, the beginning of March, I went to Nevada with this guy, the same guy who fixed my radiator in my last blog. That's where he grew up and all his friends are so we went camping with them in the "desert" mountains and then I met his family and everything. I'll just say it was interesting cause I think he led them to believe we were dating, I was just going for a roadtrip and weekend out of Flagstaff. I should have told him that before we left. He lives in Mesquite, or used to live, and that's about 5 1/2 hours from Flagstaff. It was quite the drive but I got to see Las Vegas and the north western part of AZ and Nevada too. All new places that I hadn't been before and it was great. I thought Nevada was pretty and Las Vegas was crazy with all the lights. The Hoover Dam was cool too but I only really saw it at night. Well so on the way back to Flagstaff after we had gone to church in St. George, UT, we were between St. George and Mesquite, this guy asked to hold my hand. Thank goodness he asked even though I told him no. So it made it a little awkward for him the rest of the 5 hour drive home but I slept and am used to awkward situations. I feel bad but I'm glad I wasn't too nice and didn't lead him on any more than I already had. Well, we discussed it I guess and now we're "friends" even though I don't talk to him anymore, or haven't for a while. So that's my latest love life news but once again I turned a guy down so I'm still single but I'm fine with it.
For spring break, which was a couple weeks ago, I went to SLC with Mom and visited with her siblings. I also got to see cousins and all the different things they're doing with their lives. I was able to see a good friend that used to live here in Flagstaff last year but moved up to SLC and played Frisbee with him. That was good to see him even though we went around in circles cause I can't throw a frisbee. I also had to bring him his mail and a few things he forgot back at his old apartment here in Flagstaff. Mom, Aunt Luan, and I went to the Great Salt Lake, cause I wanted to and it sure smelled when we were by the dead brine shrimp. The sand was really neat by the lake though. I would try to explain it but I kind of already forgot what made it so neat and it's hard to explain. Mom must have thought I was weird cause we ate out I think 3 out of the 4 nights we were there with her siblings and so the morning we were leaving to come back home she asked if I wanted to go to IHOP or something for breakfast or just eat at Aunt Luan's house. I chose to eat at Aunt Luan's house, I bet she thought I'd never pass up the chance to eat out, especially at IHOP, but I was so tired of eating food that I wasn't sure where it came from. And then when we got back home in Pomerene, she asked one night if she should convince Dad to take us out to eat at the 86 Cafe, a place we always love to go, or if she should think of something to make at home. I chose to stay at home. Eating out a lot just isn't something I like to do cause I don't like to think of what it does to my body.
Well I should get to bed cause I have a class tomorrow and then I work the rest of the day. I now work Mondays and Fridays and from 12-3 I babysit a 5-6 month old girl and then after that I head to an elementary school that I teach tennis at until 5 or 5:30. It's good for me cause I can train to be a mom and practice my patience with a screamin baby that won't fall asleep and I can also keep my hand in tennis. I work almost 10 hours a week but make $100 a week which is what I was making at Bashas' and working more hours a week. So it's pretty nice. I also volunteer one day a week for a high school tennis team as an assistant coach...I used to wake up at 5:30 AM for that cause they had practice at 6 AM but now they have after school practice so I can keep my sleep. But they're season ends pretty soon so I won't be doing that so much anymore. One good thing that came from it is that another assistant coach that volunteers wants to play tennis regularly like I do so hopefully that can get started and I can get playing tennis again! YAY!
Just one more thing and then I got to get to bed. My stomach's growling at me cause it's not used to being awake at this time. Actually, sometimes it is but I usually try to get to bed by 1. So in two weekends I'll be going to a place called Havasupai or Havasu Falls, I know a few of you have been there, and it will be amazing cause I'll be camping on Friday night and then we'll wake up early Saturday morning and hike down to the falls, I think it might be like 10 miles or something. I'll have to put up pictures whenever I get back from it cause it's just a beautiful place. I've never been there but I've seen tons of pictures of it. Oh, and last weekend I went hiking in Sedona, about 30 miles from Flag, at the Red Rock State Park. I got a little tan and that I'm happy about. Plus the hike was refreshing and it was nice to go somewhere for once. Ha, and this guy who was from Prescott, it was a regional young single adult activity, I told him my name and he was just so fascinated by it. He wouldn't let me be until I told him about it. He was asking me where it came from and if my parents were immigrants and all this crazy stuff. Yeh, Melissa, Jacob, and I had laughs about that cause they were right there when he was quizzing me on my name. And his name was Alex so I should have said something like, Alex, I've never heard that name before, just like he did with mine. He also was trying to help me get in and out of a tree. I was a little scared but still, I really didn't want him helping me. But he was a nice kid though, I shouldn't be making fun of him. Anyway, I should get to bed and get some sleep. Adios. Feel free to write me...




1 comment:
it was good to see you and your mom last month. I hope you took lots of pictures of the Havasu Falls I cant wait to see them...I hear it is beautiful!
Post a Comment