
Isabel and Olivia, such cute things!

Caitlyn after playing all day with cousins, getting dirty, and just sitting down to color.

Me at Pomerene's Memorial Day Cemetery Clean up
Me and St. David friends Emily Merrill and Vanessa Jones. They're my good buddies!

Little Danica bein so cute with Grandma's hat on.

Emma and Abbey wheelbarrowing me.
Emma and I washing the chlorine, from swimming, out of our hair in the bath tub.
My friend Jacob helping me tear down an ugly bunk bed that was left in the room I moved into earlier this year.
Ah, so much better, my own bed and being able to see the ceiling.
Emma and Abbey by Emma's birthday cake that Mommy (Nora) made.
Another cute pic of Dani Jo while I was feeding her.
Just goofing around and tried on Nora's wedding dress.
I finished my first year of college and came out of it with a 3.33 cumulative GPA. I even got a letter that said I made the Spring 2008 Dean's List cause I had a 3.54 GPA for the spring semester. Glad to be done with school for the summer. Now I'm just working at the Financial Aid office as a file clerk. I might work up at the front desk if they need me cause my boss can't give me any more hours in our department. Not enough work for the four girls that work back there. I am still babysitting but am done with my tennis job. :( Those little kids were so cute and they were starting to get so attached to me. But maybe I can sub in a few times during the summer. Not too much happening now that school is over. I work M-F from 7:30 AM-11:30 AM so I have to wake up early. I'm constantly a few minutes late to work because I hate waking up early but I am glad to be done before noon. Means I can take a nap, go exercise or swimming, once it warms up enough. It's been getting into the high 70s now so it's getting close. I might even go today if I can get someone to go with me.
I am the Relief Society secretary so that will help keep me busy. I got called like 3 weeks ago and had my first meeting yesterday after church. And two of the counselors live in the same complex as me so I've been hanging out with them lately. It's been fun. For our Friday Night Activity at the institute it will actually be on Saturday...we are going to canoeing in Lake Mary which is about 10 miles out of Flagstaff. I think it should be fun, just hope I don't fall into the yucky water. I've been trying to keep myself busy but I've been pretty bored so it's not that easy. Still single and I did go on a date when I went home with that missionary Mom told me to write. He got home the beginning of May and we had a good time. We went quad riding and it was such a nice day cause it was cold enough to wear light sweaters and it was a beautiful day too to see the whole valley when we would get on top of a hill. Then after that we drove to Tucson, he let me drive his 2005 Chevy truck :), and ate dinner at the delicious Taco Bell and then we went to the Gaslight Theater with my parents and brother and his fiance.
Last week I was home for 10 days...came home, back to Flagstaff, Memorial Day night. It was such a good trip home. Some of my friends were kind of bums but I did get to see old friends I hadn't seen for a year or so. And I went to two graduations where I had a few younger friends graduate. I visited some of my high school teachers on their last day of school. I visited 4 teachers and it took me like two hours. Teachers like to talk. :) I also had a blast with all the family around and all my beautiful and fun nieces. Looks like my goal that I set before Emma was born, to be the cool and fun aunt, has come true. Emma wrote me a short letter the night I left saying I was so beautiful and so cool. Well it took me like a total of three hours the whole time I was down to get her to say that just by playing catch and then even more time playing different games with them. Abbey, Emma, and I played hide and go seek one day and they could never find me. I'm a good hider!! So that's what all the pictures of me roughhousing with Emma and Abbey are. And then I had to get Danica to warm up to me and it took a few twirls to get her to smile at me. Her laugh is so cute. I also took the older girls Emma, Abbey, and Caitlyn swimming. Danica was there too and I brought her into the pool with me a few times. It was a very good time at home and especially the last day, Memorial Day when all the family but Trevor was home and we got to tease each other and play games.
I'll be going back home for 3 weeks in July and Mom thinks I'll come back to Flag earlier than that cause she thinks I'll get too bored and tired of home. We'll have to see, there's lots of things I can do and people to see. And I could go stay at Nora's, Christy's, and my friend Brooke's house to liven things up a bit. Well the story behind me wearing Nora's wedding dress is that before my date and going quad riding with this guy, I wanted to see if I could fit into my prom dresses. I have 3 of them and all of them fit but one was really tight. Felt like I was wearing a corsette cause I couldn't take deep breaths in it. That dress was even a little snug when I bought it too so I wasn't too disappointed. Well, I wanted to just break the ice with this guy even though I've met with him and talked to him before...so I wore one of my prom dresses, the one I wore my junior and sophomore year, when I answered the door and started to walk out and said, ok, I'm ready to go riding. He was a little puzzled but it was fun to mess around a little bit. Don't have too much news other than that. Don't want to make this too long even though it probably already is. Anyone who reads this, don't be afraid to comment or send me an e-mail.




4 comments:
LOL That is so funny about the prom dress to go quad riding!! You should have answered the door in the wedding dress, veil and all!! :)
DEAN'S LIST? Thanks for the personal notification! Congrats, sweetie. C & K - she was tempted with the wedding dress but didn't want to scare him off. He'd only been home 2 weeks.
Like your new layout!!!
Looks like you are having a great time. Glad we can keep in touch now.
Post a Comment