This is mine...not yours. Please share with care.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer summer summer summertime!



Quite a lot has happened since my last blog. I'll make this a short one but hit the highlights and fun times. Three weekends ago I went on a YSA activity after playing softball at 8:30 AM, the activity was canoeing at Lake Mary, about a 2-3 mile long lake ten minutes outside of Flagstaff. I had lots of fun and one time we put 5 people in one canoe cause 3 guys wanted to go to the other side and swim back so my roommate and I hopped in and were going to bring the canoe back. Let's just say we didn't get very far and a speedboat went by and created wakes. We were already sitting low in the water as it was and then we were going to ride the wakes but they decided to come into our canoe and fill it with water. Somehow more water kept coming in and Caleb Blaschke jumped out cause he saw what was coming and then that tipped it and we were all in the water. It was pretty freezing and hard to swim cause we had to hold the canoe half full of water while we're trying to swim to shore. Luckily we all had life jackets on and I was glad for that cause I got tired really fast and just sat still to rest for a little bit. Hopefully I can get some pictures and put them on here.
Then the next weekend I went to Utah, Cedar City with the Relief Society President, Alyce, just for a quick trip. We left at 2 on Sunday after church and then came back to Flag Monday night. I had to work Tuesday morning so we had to get back. On Wednesday and Thursday I went out to Mormon Lake with some people to help a sister in our ward move. Mormon Lake is past Lake Mary and about 40 mins from Flag. Then this past weekend, on Friday after work I took a quick trip down to Mesa/Phoenix cause a friend wanted me to ride with him to St. David for a reception. I had him drop me off in Tucson so I could visit with family for a few hours. Then he came back to Tucson and picked me up and we headed back to Mesa cause he had to work Saturday morning. I know, wasting lots of gas on little trips but it's not my gas, except that I drove down to Mesa, 160 miles from Flag. So we got back to Mesa at like 12 AM and I had arranged to stay at a friend's house in Phoenix cause I didn't want to drive back to Flag that late. I drove another 30 minutes to her house, told her all about a certain boy/ man (he's almost 23) and finally went to bed at 2 AM. The next morning we just relaxed at her house, watched a movie, and went to the mall and played dress up. Also while in the mall we tried on engagement/wedding rings at a jewelry store cause neither of us know what kind we want. I have a better idea now but we totally acted like my "boyfriend" (which I don't have) was going to pop the question soon. It was fun. Oh, and we also got two six inch subs from Subway for $5 cause of the $5 footlongs. Around 4:45 PM I headed back up to Flag and went to Alyce's house and hung out with her for a while. I've just been travelling all over the place. Then Sunday our ward was in charge of all the meetings and we also had a dinner for visiting teaching after church. So I've been pretty busy but I'm glad I am. I'm also enjoying work, the girls I work with are so much fun, our conversations are very interesting. In 2 weeks I'm going home and staying for 3 weeks. I am also housesitting for the people I babysit for and will housesit until I leave to go home. I also need to pack up my stuff and move it into Alyce's garage for storage so I can move it into my new apartment when I come back from home. One nice thing about housesitting is that they have a jacuzzi master bath tub and I took a huge bubble bath tonight. I never had a real fancy one and I sure loved it. Definitely want a big garden tub with jets when I have my own house.
Oh, and I mentioned a guy, well we'll see if it makes it past the two week mark! Things are going well so far though he's 300 miles away...he lives in St. David which is 12 miles from Pomerene, my hometown. I can't wait to go home and see family and him and friends! See you later!!!

No comments: