Me and two of my roommates at CLUE, an activity at the Stake Center where we had to dress up and play real live clue. We're all wearing another roommates dresses. It was fun. l-r Shelby, me, Kelsey...these are the girls I actually share a room with.

A day when me and my friend Jon were taking random pictures, my purse and backpack are the same thing during school, don't want to have to keep switching stuff from my purse to my backpack.

The beautiful red leaves that are everywhere up here!

Riley (in background), Dad, Danica, and half of Mom when I went home this past weekend for birthdays/general conference.

Danica's eyes look so cool in this picture. We were taking pictures of us and I was letting her push the button so all the shots are really close and cut both of us off. :)
A day when me and my friend Jon were taking random pictures, my purse and backpack are the same thing during school, don't want to have to keep switching stuff from my purse to my backpack.
The beautiful red leaves that are everywhere up here!
Riley (in background), Dad, Danica, and half of Mom when I went home this past weekend for birthdays/general conference.
Danica's eyes look so cool in this picture. We were taking pictures of us and I was letting her push the button so all the shots are really close and cut both of us off. :)
Hello everyone,
It's been quite some time since my last blog. I would have been doing homework right now but you know, Heavenly Father is a powerful being and he made it so my homework isn't due till tomorrow night. Now, I'm not procrastinating. I made a goal this year to not do homework on Sundays, that way it would truly be a day of rest from all my worldly cares and I could concentrate on my spiritual side and even though I have homework that I could do, I just don't think about it because I can't do it on Sunday anyway. I just cast it out of my mind and all my cares and relax. I figure, if God could make the world in 6 days, which is a major task, that's all of the world's daily projects combined into one, plus some, and he still took the Sabbath day off to rest. I can't be that busy that I can't take a day to rest.
And let me tell you, I was not understanding this microeconomics homework that I was doing last night, not one bit and I was getting so frustrated. It was a long day yesterday. I planned to get a lot of homework and studying done, squeeze in a double date, and just get things accomplished. I got one homework assignment done and the rest of the day was a social event. Sheesh, its so hard for me to say no to things that look fun and yesterday was a day I wasn't able to squeak out that word. So I was staying up trying to do this microeconomics homework, closing my eyes for a little nap every so often cause I was tired...and then I climbed into my friends bed cause I didn't have my car at her house and just gave up, decided to finish it tomorrow, Sunday. I wasn't liking this idea but I wasn't making any progress on this homework I didn't understand at all. I was hoping Heavenly Father would forgive me for not making the wisest choices and hoping he would understand my reasons for doing a 103 point assignment that was due tonight, Sunday.
Well, I get on my computer tonight, do my church calling stuff first so that I can get that out of the way and not procrastinate it, then go onto the website to do my homework and I can't believe my eyes...the teacher changed it to be due tomorrow, on Monday. That's a miracle right there! Someone upstairs sure does love me so I can keep my promise to not do homework on Sunday. I am so glad to have a testimony of this gospel and to live and obey the commandments so I can be blessed from someone who is all powerful and all knowing.
Its been a trialsome time for me lately, with guys I like not working out, truckloads of homework, waking up at 7 AM every morning and not quitting for the day until midnight or later, gaining weight cause I don't have time to exercise, having major huge red mountains all over my face called pimples, just not feeling emotionally well and not being sure of myself. I bore my testimony today about how I was reading in Ether 12, the scripture about you receive no witness until after the trial of your faith. This was comforting and reassuring to read, that I just need to have faith and then once the trial is past, I'll receive the witness I need and the growth that will make me a better person. So I just need to be patient until these trials pass.
Well, let me put some pictures up so that there's more than just words on this post.
Yesterday I went on a double date...it had to be the coldest day this school year, probably not more than 40 degrees, we were all freezing and guess what we decided to do on this cold, windy day...we flew kites, had a picnic and shot a potato gun, all outside. It was fun though. Now, this isn't what you think it is. I was not really asked on a date. I'm trying to hook Alyce, my good friend, up with a guy that's interested in her. She hasn't been asked on any dates I don't think since she moved here in January. So I call this guy up, Mark, he's a cool guy and a good friend, and tell him that I would be willing to offer my services in a double date if he asked Alyce out and found me a date as well. So this date was mostly for them, so they could get to know each other better but not have the awkwardness of a single date. We all had so much fun, laughing the whole time. And the guy I went with, Ammon, called me up, I don't think he knew I suggested this whole date idea, and was acting like Master Ammon's butler in an English/British accent asking if I, Lady Margo, would go on an adventure of flying kites and a flying monkey and shooting potatoes from a potato gun...I can't really describe it to show how funny it was. That's what pictures above are from. The guys did really well with all the rest of the planning. The kite flying was my idea, but they went and bought a kite, bought food for a picnic lunch, they even bought lettuce and tomatoes for the hoagie sandwiches we had. I was impressed actually. Oh and the thing about the flying/screaming monkey, they bought it when they got the kite in Sedona. These guys went to Sedona, 30 mins away to buy a kite cause I couldn't find any kites in Flagstaff. Mark had remembered seeing 2 kite shops when we worked there the night before.
After we had frozen our butts off, we went back to Alyce's house, looked at all the pictures we took of our adventures, and then went to another friend's house to meet so we could all go to dinner to give someone a going away dinner. She's moving to Oklahoma...she's a bit of effort to be friendly and nice to but we all try. We went to Cracker Barrel and there was like 13 of us there, pretty crowded. And Ammon paid for my food, so it was a pretty long date even though I didn't sit by him at dinner. Alyce and Mark did! YAY, that makes me happy.
One last side note. It has been bitterly cold up here, with the highs being in the 40s the past few days. Its October for crying out loud, I don't remember it being this cold this soon last year. I remember at Halloween when we went trick or treating it was 30 degrees but that was the first time it was really cold. Right now the low at night is 20 or below. And it was supposed to snow this weekend and last weekend too. I guess the peaks, the mountains, got a little snow and at like 6 AM on Saturday morning it was hailing and snowing for like 20 mins. I was so out of it I didn't wake up to see it. But yeh, just to let everyone know, Margo is freezing already and its not winter yet. We also checked out the furnace today, I suggested we turn it on and my roommates said we could wait cause we have a little space heater that does the trick for now. Then I said, well lets just turn it on to see if it works, so that way when we really need it, and it doesn't, we won't be trying to get it to work when its snowing outside and even colder than it is now. Good thing cause we had to read the instructions to turn it back on and the pilot still won't light. We'll get it fixed soon, sure thing. I can feel that this winter is going to be a harsh one, even more so than the one last year. Hope you enjoyed reading my life update, take care everyone.




No comments:
Post a Comment