This is mine...not yours. Please share with care.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Of Late...

Quite a few random things to talk about. Ridiculous things have happened of late. And fun ones too!
So back on Feb 20, it was my roommate Whitney's birthday. We did a little scavenger hunt late at night for her. She had a drumline practice and didn't get done till almost 11 that night. The 4 of us roommates each hid at a 24 hour store with some articles of clothing and when she found us, we would give her the clue, she would put on what we had and go to the next place. The places were a gas station, a diner, Safeway and Walmart.

All piled into the car to get in our positions and drop everyone off.

They finally found me at Safeway. I was actually in the front, reading a quilting??? (random) magazine when they walked in. I ran down an aisle to try to get secret snapshots. Didn't work and they finally found me. I had a fun time exploring Safeway though cause I was the 3rd stop. I had goggles which fit nicely in my pocket so it wasn't embarrassing to carry them around the store.

Here she is reading the clue I gave her. Her shirt says, "I've got people" on the front and on the back it says, "My people got my back" cause we were all following her around. It was perfect for this occassion.


And she's trying to figure it out, it said: "Where does Wall-e shop?" Walmart of course!


Group shot in Wal-Mart. Didn't even think about Wal-Mart being the last place with so many people, even at midnight...she was kind of embarrassed in her hideous getup.

...So at the gas station she got the hideous hat and shirt, at the diner (Mike and Rhonda's: The Place) she put on the scarf and dishwashing gloves, I gave her the goggles in Safeway, and at Wal-Mart she got the robe.
And lighting the cake. All of us roommates are turning 20 this year.

So there's that event that happened a little while ago. Here's some pictures of us after church so we could have a nice picture. None of them turned out too well. I've become more of a dress kind of girl in recent years.



For IWA, one activity we had someone's sister come in and show us how to decorate cakes. She didn't really show that but she did show us how to make roses (the frosting, decorating kind)...mine weren't good so sorry no pics of that. And she also showed us how to make these cute cupcakes.


And while running errands and going over to a friend's house to make a derby car, pics down a little further...I was only in their house for like 20 mins then went back out to go to another friends place to get a knife so we could carve our derby car, this happened>>>
YEAH, talk about RIDICULOUS!! My rear view mirror came off!
Now whenever I drive I have to hold it so it doesn't sway around by the electric cord, and doesn't ram into my dash if I have to make a sudden stop. I found that out the hard way. Also, if I want to look behind me cause my side mirrors aren't cutting it, I have to pick it up and hold it. One nice thing is I can turn it towards me just like a compact mirror. So I gotta do somethin about that. Until then, I'll be holding my mirror and doing without.
And here's Bridgette and Jessica working on our pinewood derby car. We made it a pickle! haha, we're so silly! They're putting the ugly speckles on to make it look like a pickle instead of a cucumber. For the Friday Night Activity (FNA) we had a pinewood derby competition. There were quite a few cars.
Kosher...as the license plate.
And dill...with 57, it's associated with Heinz. Makes sense, right?
And the "after-party" after FNA. What else is there to do at 1:30 AM? We hopped into Bridgette's convertible Mustang, put the top down, brought a ton of blankets and went to Wendy's. I'm the one in the back, in the middle...I'm covered with blankets and coats as well as my hoods. We even went out to the airport, could have driven on the runway but we didn't get Sean's dad's code to open the gate. So the cruise was about 20 mins. And it was like 32 degrees outside. See what I mean by ridiculous and fun?
Adios for now!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Looks like lots of fun. Enjoy you college years to the fullest. You have grown up so much and it is hard to believe that you are even in college. Jeremy liked going to school there.

Viki said...

Get the mirror fixed before you get stopped and cited. It's the law -- you MUST have a rear-view mirror in your vehichle. You can get glue to put it back on at Auto Zone/Pep Boys, etc. They can tell you how to do it if you can't get a friendly man friend to do it for you.

Viki said...

One more comment - Are these roomies going to be around to do something fun for your 20th? Oh - you'll be spending it here, right?