
Well, in explaining this collage (btw, it was very easy to make, just click "make a collage" in picasa and shuffle it around to how you like it {thought you might want to know Nora and Mom}) it is what I did the Friday and Saturday before school started. The smaller pictures on the right are at the NAU Skydome, me and two of my guy friends went to see the Harlem Globetrotters. It was great and those guys are so talented. Below those pictures is one of a cabin type building, I don't know what purpose it served, by a pond that I went to that was frozen (that pic is the middle on the far left). Then me and my friend Chris went to Lake Mary to see if it was frozen and it was. We walked all over it and kept saying, we are scientists, cause we would go get rocks that were along the shore and throw them as hard as we could to see if we could crack it. That's what the bottom left pic is, I was chipping away at the ice with a rock to see if we could break through to some water. Then we were trying to think of how "heavy" the rock would be when it actually hit the ice by the F=MA formula. Haha, it was funny. We were on that frozen lake for about 2 hours. Oh, and the pic on the top, 2nd from the left, is a little boy that would keep glaring at my friend Troy when he would cheer for the Washington Generals, the Globetrotters "opponent". I had to snap one of him cause he was just give him the evil eye for 3 mins straight. I didn't have the flash on so he probably didn't know I even took a picture. And then there's some of me when I was looking for the pond, hadn't been there for over a year and went at night. I went up behind Thorpe park where there's a little trail and even though I was still close to the park and could hear kids yelling but it was still peaceful in the pines and so beautiful with the snow. I would have stayed longer if I wasn't by myself (being a woman you have to remember those things) and if it wasn't getting so cold and dark. I was actually on the trail for the disc golf course. I think that sport looks hard, I should try it sometime though. Those courses are all over the place up here. I have realized that the snow makes things look so beautiful and its so much quieter when it is snowing. So then I called up a friend, I went with him last year on a double date to this pond after dinner...he's married now...so I called him to ask where it was. I found it and walked on it. I don't know why but I think its fun to walk on frozen bodies of water. Took some pictures and that ended my adventures for the day. Also that day I got two letters, one from my friend Matt Anderson who's on a mission in Alabama and one from his companion. I had just written his companion the first time before I got this letter so I was very excited to get it. And he went along with the goofiness that I put in my letter. He's from Las Vegas and went to BYU before his mission. His name is Adam Tebbs. It will be fun to write him! My friend Matt comes home on Feb 19 so I needed someone to keep writing to when Matt isn't out anymore. Well, I'll end this blog so I don't have another long one!




1 comment:
Good job on the update! BTW, how do you stop by Taco Bell to get some hot sauce? Don't you have to buy something first; otherwise that is called STEALING! J/K sis! Love ya!
Post a Comment