This is mine...not yours. Please share with care.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Another formal dance and other stuff

"Come Sail Away"

November is the month for the Winter Formal at the Institute. A couple weeks before the dance I suggested to my date that we wear fur since it was a cruise ship theme. And here is my friend Carrie and I making the fur shrug starting at 10 PM the night before the dance. We didn't finish till 2:30 AM. I like to make life interesting.


(click on collage to see larger picture)
We combined our names for the label "Carrgo Wear." We cut the satin pattern weird so there was a space of satin between the fur and we thought a tag would go perfect there. She has a fancy machine that can make letters. It was fun making the shrug. In the bottom right picture in the collage is the black shrug I bought for $30 at Charlotte Russe. I didn't want to pay that much so I bought some fabric and we made a pattern out of a cotton sheet for the shrug we made.

I sewed the green button on and made the loophole. I wasn't much help. I would try to help by pinning the pattern to the fabric but I would get the carpet too. I did as much as I could.




And me and my date at the dance. He's an awesome guy who is fun. I love his mullet and red hair. And there's a few pics with friends I have too. My roommate with her date in the blue dress. She is a short one!


These are for Mom. I wanted business clothes for Christmas so she wants to see what she bought since I needed them by this Friday. I wore this outfit to church last Sunday with black tights and black shoes. The bracelet on my wrist is one I made in my jewelry and metalsmithing class.
My roommate Jaime with a mysterious frozen something in our freezer. We threw it out cause no one knew what it was and it wasn't marked. I knew it wasn't mine cause I mark everything I foil up in the freezer. We think it's pork, my first guess was potatoes.
And here is Jaime, Carrie and I redneck golfing on Veteran's Day. We went behind Thorpe Park and were actually in the middle of a Disc Golf Course but we were ok. We were playing a different version of golf. Redneck golf is simply picking a tree to hit instead of hitting it into a hole. It is a lot harder than regular golf cause there's lots of logs, trees, and rocks to ricochet off of. Of course, we had a blast!

1 comment:

Jeremy and Cindy said...

It looks like you are really enjoying you college days. Just as it should be. You look great in you business clothes.