I'm getting older. I think this is a sign. Its interesting stuff though. In my economics class I'm required to listen to this talk radio podcast entitled, "The Financial Crisis for Dummies." So if you don't understand all the financial and accounting jargon you hear on the news but would like to understand why we are in a "Great Recession" that should actually be called Depression...listen to this by clicking on this link. http://audio.thisamericanlife.org/player/CPRadio_player.php?podcast=http://www.thisamericanlife.org/xmlfeeds/375.xml&proxyloc=http://audio.thisamericanlife.org/player/customproxy.php
It's an hour long. I listened while I was at work. Just shows how prideful and greedy the world is. The American peoples' debt (the collective consumer debt) in 2007 was equal to the 2007's GDP. It was 100% of the Gross Domestic Product. The only other time this has happened in our history was in 1929, right before the Great Depression. It says this in the video and I think this means that everything that was produced new...GDP doesn't include things that are recycled and bought used...in 2007 was bought on credit, so people went into debt. Crazy stuff. This is why I like accounting and am majoring in it. All this is so interesting to me, sorry if it bores you. So listen to it, it'll give you some unbiased inside info...unlike what you hear on the news.
Also, this is put on by This American Life which I hadn't heard of before but now I'm listening to some other episodes on it. Its interesting as well. You can get to it at http://thisamericanlife.org/
I don't know what its all about myself yet but you can check it out, browse around. I've been listening about these two babies that were accidentally switched at birth and one of the mom's knew right away but she didn't say anything to anyone about it until about 40 years later.
Have a good day! Hopefully I was able to give you an interesting way to gain more knowledge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
MARGO!!! Hello! I found you randomly! Sounds like everything is going really good for you. I like looking at your pics. ~Camille
Post a Comment