This is mine...not yours. Please share with care.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fishin and Campin (Fully edited)

A date with a new found friend.
These are actually pictures of a little date I went on. I noticed this guy at church that looked like a Kartchner and went up to him and inquired if he was. Then we decided to become friends. He works on a ranch as a cowboy nearby Meteor Crater. So one night we hung out and I showed him a few places around Flagstaff.

This is up above Lake Mary at Lake Marshall. You can see the San Francisco Peaks as depicted in the picture below as well as Sunset Crater from up here.


Here's Jon talking to a mutual friend of ours. He was actually trying to get hold of her so that he could find out if I was alright to be around, make sure I'm not crazy or anything. And lo and behold, she called when we were together. I left them alone to chat for a bit.


Campin and Fishin with a friend of mine.

Here is Dave driving on our way to Chevelon Canyon Lake, about 50 miles from Winslow, AZ.

And Dave's brother, Jacob in front of us in his truck with his wife and her brother. I went on a few dates with Jacob when I first moved up to Flagstaff, before he met his wife.

The turning point to go on a very long dirt road!


So, the final mile down to the lake was a very steep rocky hill! And when I say steep, it was between a 45-60 degree incline. It was even hard to walk back up it after fishing. So we're heading down this road and Dave thinks this whole time he can get back up it cause he has 4-wheel drive. Let's just say it was very difficult to get back to the top. His brother Jacob did better in his two-wheel drive truck and its twice the size of Dave's. Me and Jacob's wife, Natalie sat in the back to give more weight on the back tires while her brother and Jacob pushed. They also had to build some trails and ramps to go on with rocks cause some of the rocks had a drop off of 6-8 inches.


Here's Dave holding the squirmy fish I caught. Yeh, no pictures of me holding it cause I didn't even touch it.


When I caught it I called to Dave and said I caught a fish, come get it! And I let it swim around in the water hooked for about 2-3 minutes before he reeled it in.


Lettin the poor fishy go. This rock is where I was fishing, about 20 feet to the water. Doesn't help to keep the lure in the water as long as I want so little fishies can catch hold.


It was belly up like this for what seemed like 5 minutes. I really thought he was dead. Then Dave told me he went down to the bottom, they usually play dead for a little bit, I guess fish are pretty smart. I have a video which isn't too exciting, just watching the fish that I think is dead with my commentary. Its funny to me but probably only to me.


Scenic pictures of Chevelon Canyon Lake.


A bunch of logs in the corner of the lake. We hiked around the shore over there to get to the spot we wanted to fish on.


Jacob fishing


So Dave caught 3 fish and they were all the size of his pinky or smaller. This one he ripped the poor eye out of the thing.

There's him with his little fish and the eye, he said it was really sticky and couldn't get it off his hand. I also got video of this fish swimming around in circles with his non-eye side up. We just torture fish. :( Don't mean to!


It was an adventure to go camping and fishing...and to actually catch a fish. Maybe one day I won't be afraid to touch a fish. But it doesn't help that Dave told me the fish I caught had teeth. I didn't think fish had teeth! I definitely don't like things biting me. This was just a quick trip too, we left Wednesday morning after I worked 2 hours till 9:30 and then came back the next day and got back around 10:30 and I went to work at 12:30. Worked perfectly. The place we went though did take 2 hours to get to.

No comments: