This is mine...not yours. Please share with care.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

A little date with myself

Since I don't get much dating in around here...I went on one with myself. A little me on one time if you want to say. Before I had my last final, and after getting out of an early morning one, 7:30 AM, I went to a few places where I hadn't been before.


It started out with a few errands, getting some stamps 3 c and 1 c since stamps decided to go up once again. And I went to Sam's Club as well to get Dad's infamous Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice that he desperately needs. Its a little funny to think of myself pushing around 6 gallons of grapefruit juice. And the cashier even said, Someone likes grapefruit juice. Then I had to explain why I was getting it and why so many!



I got a breakfast burrito from the Dog Haus. It's by Fry's and Albertson's for those who used to live in Flagstaff. I've heard they were good and they've been voted the best breakfast burrito in Flagstaff last year I think.

Then I took my breakfast burrito and ate it at a park bench by the train station right on Route 66.

A good view of the peaks from here.

A logging wheel in the park to represent the city's founding and history.
A little park bench. I didn't get pictures of it but the trees with the beautiful pink flowers was in full bloom next to where I was sitting.

And this dirty little girl tricked me. This is my friend Jessica...I'll also be living with her this school year. So here she is, all dirty from laying on the ground under Sean's car, watching him change his oil. Before this happened, I was at her house picking up laundry and studying for my macroeconomics final. I had studied pretty well and needed a little break. She comes down the stairs and asks if I want to take the pillow she had in her hand back to Sean real quick. It was his and I was up for a little diversion. So we get on the road, probably 3-4 miles from her house and I ask, "where's his pillow?" She had forgotten it but said "it's ok, we'll still go say hi." We get to his house...and its about 12:30 at night...and we go inside. Then we go to the garage. She had dragged me to his house, not to just give him his pillow (which she forgot anyway), but to watch him change his oil cause she had never seen it done before. If I wasn't such an easygoing person and hadn't studied for my final, I would have been pretty mad. She had even suggested before we left that I drive separately so that I can leave when I want to. But we were just making a quick trip to give him his pillow. Oh my was I wrong. Besides being tricked to go to his place at 12:30 AM, I had two finals the next day, one being from 7:30-9:30 AM, then working from 10-2 and having my economics final from 3-5 PM. So it was going to be a long day at the end of a long week. Oh but we didn't just watch him change his oil and then go home. He has a Range Rover that he baby's. I think it took him like 45 mins from start to finish. And Jessica got down underneath to watch and she got some oil splattered on her face. HAHA! That's the reason why I took the picture. You can see it on her cheek a little. I had a better picture where you could see it all but she deleted it off my camera. Then we had to drive it to get all the new oil flowing, take the old oil and drop it by Auto Zone...was not my idea. But they'll find it in the morning! Right outside their door. :D Here's where I roll my eyes. Then somehow they decided in a discrete way to show me this pond! At 3 AM!!! Well I had no choice but to go along, it was by a golf course and some houses. It was pretty dark and I don't like being in the dark where animals and mean men can attack me. I think it took us an hour to walk around the whole thing. She wiz, crazy stuff. They always keep me up! Its a good things I've been away from them for a while. So I got home around 4:30 and got about 3 hours of sleep. I think I did well on my economics final though cause I got an A in the class. Apologies for the length of this story, I wanted to record it somewhere cause it just flabberghasts me how crazy I allow my life to be at times. This was also the night before my little date with myself.

A siamese twin banana. I had to buy it just because I never have seen anything like it. And I took it to work to show my boss and coworkers, and showed all my roommates and friends.

Its backside. Just to prove that it is really connected under one skin/peel. This was also the week of finals. See, it all ties in together.

P.S. Now that its been a month since school got out...I got 3 A's and 1 B this semester. I received A's in my Chicano Studies, Business Statistics, and Macroeconomics classes. Sadly I got a B in my Managerial Accounting class. Should I change my major to Economics perhaps since that's exactly the grades I got last semester? So that was a 3.75 semester GPA. Chalk one up on the Dean's List once again! Wahoo. And that brought up my cumulative GPA to 3.45!

No comments: